Just for the record, I’m not a card person. Never have been. Probably never will be. I don’t play Euchre, Poker, or Solitaire. I don’t even play Go Fish. I have nothing personal against those who do play cards. I just know that they are kidding themselves. I refuse to trick myself into thinking that I am doing something fun when in reality, I am just playing with little pieces of paper.
Here are some of the reason why I don’t play card games:
- Cards are boring.
- Cards are just an excuse to sit in a circle and talk. Why not just sit and talk without having to worry about playing a game?
- A card is just a piece of paper with a number and/or picture on it. You might as well play with a cardboard box.
- People always try to cheat. This just causes unneeded tension.
- Some card games lead to gambling. I don’t want to lose all my money.
- Not everyone knows how to play every card game. Time is wasted when you have to teach the game.
- Not everyone agrees on the rules. (More tension)
- Someone has to lose. This can cause hard feelings.
- Not everyone likes to play cards, but may feel obligated to. Please don’t put me in that situation.
- Conversations are interrupted from people shouting “gin!” or “Euchre” or some other strange word that I don’t know the meaning of.
The list goes on, but you get the idea.